Location: Valencia, California
The job of the Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for assisting the Credit Services Manager with all credit and collection duties along with ensuring that all accounts receivable functions are handled efficiently, professionally, and on a timely basis. Assists the Credit Services Manager with planning, directing, and coordinating the establishment of customer credit limits, collection of receivables, and application of all payments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees all matters related to credit, collections, and accounts receivable.
- Analyzes the creditworthiness of new and existing customers and either grants, removes, or updates credit limits accordingly.
- Maintains a systematic program of follow up and collection of receivables, and follows up with customers for payment of past due invoices as needed.
- Reviews A/R agings regularly to ensure that offsets are done promptly and agings are properly maintained.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Communicates with management regarding all possible collection issues
- Performs all month end procedures including the preparation of interest invoice billings, generating and distributing monthly customer statements, and reconciling the Accounts Receivable subledger to the general ledger.
- Coordinates with all outside collections agencies and insurance companies used by the department.
- Ensures all cash application and deposits are made timely and within department guidelines.
- Ensures that all customer and vendor additions and changes are made timely and within department guidelines.
- Maintains records and files for the department according to the company’s retention guidelines.
- Ensures that all orders and customers that go on credit hold are regularly reviewed and dispositioned timely.
- Responsible for documenting work instructions for the department and maintaining Accounts Receivable policies and procedures.
- Researches and resolves POS (point of sales) issues on a timely basis.
- Assists with other Accounts Receivables related projects as directed.
Secondary Job Functions
- Maintains a neat work area and displays a professional appearance and personal conduct at all times.
- Attends company and department meetings as requested
- Maintains regular and timely attendance.
Education and Experience
- Associate of Arts degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of two years work experience required.
- Experience with SAP or another large ERP system required.
- Strong background in using Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Ability to speak, write, and listen in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people at various levels within the company are essential, as are good leadership skills.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, assess risks, resolve problems, and make decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Exceptional skills at multi-tasking and completing all projects within established deadlines
- Hands-on with demonstrated resourcefulness and good judgment
- Keen analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- A valid, unrestricted CA driver’s license
- Proof of American citenzenship and/ or legal US work status
Fruit Growers Supply Company is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of our customers. The duties of our employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.
Email us with your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org