Commercial Driver – (Hazmat Endorsement)
Reports to District (2) Manager
Job Location Santa Paula, CA (District 2)
Primary Objective of Position:
An experienced truck driver who will complete deliveries to both internal and external customers in a safe and timely manner.
• Must have a valid, unrestricted California driver’s license (Class A or B) that includes; Hazardous Materials endorsement and air brake endorsement.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years prior commercial driving experience
• Forklift experience a plus. (Ag Forklift and Industrial)
• Ability to handle numerous and challenging personnel, telephone management, and written instructions. In a manner which will encourage grower members to use the services provided by Fruit Growers Supply Company.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all team members, dispatch, customers and management in a courteous and businesslike manner, verbally or written.
• Must have excellent customer service skills and present a professional and businesslike manner.
• Effectively manage time.
• Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, highly energetic environment.
• Looking for a self-initiator who possess a positive attitude
• Proficient computer skills in Excel, Word, Outlook. SAP experience is a plus.
• Must be willing and able to lift up to 60 lbs. and handle bulky items.
• Physical requirements – drivers to be able to bend, stoop, kneel, pull, and push up to 40 lbs. of equipment.
• Drivers must satisfactorily pass pre-employment and random drug testing test as needed.
• Must be able to sit and remain alert for an aggregate period of time.
• Drivers may spend up to 50% of time out of doors exposed to potentially difficult environment conditions.
• Drivers may be subject to irregular work schedules.
• Drivers typically spent 80% of duty time in a truck while driving, operators are exposed to noise and vibration levels which may be higher than typically experienced in passenger vehicles.
• Fluent in English/Spanish desirable. (spoken and written)
• Must be able to show proof to legally work in USA.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• Will be required to travel outside of Ventura County (approximately 400 miles or drive for 10hrs./day)
• Will make deliveries based on a pre-confirmed delivery schedules set by dispatcher.
• Maintains a professional relationship with vendors and customers
• Responsible for inspection and communication to supervisors of company vehicles Pre/Post maintenance records.
• Must check Bill of Lading(s) to determine nature of load and accuracy.
• Must be able to drive up to 10 hours and/or as stated by regulations set forward by DOT.
• Apply knowledge of commercial driving skills maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather.
• Must be able to operate equipment in all types of weather and conditions. This includes going forward, backing up long distances around corners and in and around very tight areas.
• Must practice safe loading and unloading procedures.
• Must be able to promptly report any delays due to traffic, weather conditions or other emergencies.
• Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations, including a good driver record and other records required by law.
• Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the safe operations of a commercial motor vehicle.
• Professional representation of the company through responsible driving and appearance
• Must have working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
• Must have knowledge of DOT regulations; safe driving, hours of service, inspection and maintenance records.
• Must meet or exceed the medical standards of the US Department of transportation.
• May at times be required to perform and assist in duties of other positions such as warehouse personnel.
• Participates in other Operation Centers activities (as needed).
The performance of these responsibilities presumes full attention to:
• Complying with all the Company policies and procedures.
• Maintaining the integrity of and professional image of the Company in dealing with other Company employees and customer representatives.
General Responsibilities and Skills: Subject to Change
• Ability to develop effective relationships with Company personnel and customers
• Ability to act all times professionally and respectfully toward co-workers and third parties with whom the Company does business.
• Maintain consistency in work habits and interactions with co-workers and third parties.
• Maintain dependability standards set by management.
• Maintain regular attendance and excellent punctuality.
• Comply with all Company and departmental policies and procedures; alert management to ethical violations.
• Communicate well with others in accomplishing assigned tasks/functions.
• Work collaboratively with others.
• Cope well with pressure.
• Be service oriented.
• Act with honesty and integrity toward the Company, its employees and customers.
1 to 33%
.25 – 3 hrs.
34 to 66%
3 – 5 hrs.
67 to 100%
5 – 8 hrs.
|Lifting/Carrying 1-10 lbs.||X|
|Lifting/Carrying 11-25 lbs.||X|
|Lifting/Carrying 26-50 lbs.||X|
|Lifting/Carrying 51-80 lbs.||X|
|Lifting/Carrying over 80 lbs.||X|
Fruit Growers Supply Company (‘FGS”) is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of its customers. The duties of FGS’ employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the Company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.
Email us with your resume and cover letter email@example.com