Location: Valencia, California – Travel to various markets
Primary Objective of the Position:
The Director of Sales is responsible for planning and implementing the corporate sales segmentation plan. This position reports to the COO, and supports the Business Unit General Managers. The Director of Sales will have dotted line responsibility for all FGS sales resources.
Minimum Educational and Experience Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business administration is preferred.
- Ten (10) years of related experience with progressive management experience.
- Works with Business Unit General Managers to develop and implements strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Responsible in coordination with the Business Unit General Managers for sales compensation design and administration and assists General Managers in the recruitment, selection and supervision of salesforce talent. Analyzes performance and works with Business Unit General Manager to take corrective action as needed.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and works with Business Unit General Managers to set performance goals and budgets accordingly, as well as to establish and monitor sales performance metrics and KPIs.
- Coordinates with Business Unit General Managers on the establishment of sales objectives and revenue forecasts including the development of annual sales quotas for regions and segments, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Develops new strategies, tactics, and plans for future sales growth, and works with Business Unit General Managers to design and implement specific field sales action plans.
- Monitors and reports on competitor products, sales activities.
- Directs training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales programs, developing and implementing plans to assist salespeople in generating new customers and sales opportunities.
- CRM proficiency is a must (Salesforce.com proficiency preferred). Sales reporting illustrating sales volumes, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Builds peer support and strong intercompany relationships with other key management personnel.
- Represents the company in various conferences, trade fairs and networking events.
- Proven ability to develop sales strategy and work with Business Unit General Managers to manage sales staff.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to create and give presentations to customers, management and Board of Directors.
- Excellence in report preparation and data analysis work.
- Knowledge of CRM systems
- Ability to travel.
Fruit Growers Supply Company (‘FGS”) is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of its customers. The duties of FGS’ employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the Company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.
Email us with your resume and cover letter email@example.com