Location: Santa Paula, CA
The individual will be responsible for overseeing the Operations Center within their respective district jurisdiction.
Minimum Educational and Experience Qualifications/Requirements:
- A four-year degree in Agriculture, Business or a related field and/or ten years related work experience in Agricultural Sales/Customer Service and purchasing.
- Must have excellent Customer Service and Inter-personal skills and be able to deal with individuals in a positive and professional manner.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to travel overnight.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Power Point.
- A valid, unrestricted CA driver’s license.
- Proof of American citizenship and/or legal US work status.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the respective district jurisdiction.
- Directly supervises operation center supervisors, buyers
- Manages inventory levels between operation centers
- Oversees budgets and expenditures
- Promotes a safe work environment
- Responsible for the financial accountability of operations centers
- Develops and maintains processes relative to: retail/POS, customer service, inventory control, purchasing, quality, safety, shipping and receiving.
- Responsible for the implementation of all company policies and procedures. Reviews employee’s compliance and adherence to these guidelines. Directs all actions necessary to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for the safekeeping and maintenance of company assets and premises
- Will work closely with governmental agencies to ensure compliance to all government regulations
- Will be held responsible for Operation Center’s performance measured within corporate KPI’s encompassing financial, quality and safety metrics.
The performance of these responsibilities presumes full attention to:
- Complying with all the Company policies and procedures.
- Maintaining the integrity of and professional image of the Company in dealing with other Company employees and customer representatives.
General Responsibilities and Skills:
- Ability to handle numerous and challenging projects simultaneously (multi task)
- Ability to develop effective relationships with Company personnel and customers
- Ability to act all times professionally and respectfully toward co-workers and third parties with whom the Company does business.
- Maintain consistency in work habits and interactions with co-workers and third parties.
- Maintain dependability standards set by management.
- Maintain regular attendance and excellent punctuality.
- Comply with all Company and departmental policies and procedures; alert management to ethical violations.
- Interact face-to-face, by phone or by electronic means with member packinghouses, co-workers, team members, management and other Company personnel on a daily basis to accomplish duties and responsibilities.
- Communicate well with others in accomplishing assigned tasks/functions.
- Work collaboratively with others.
- Cope well with pressure.
- Be service oriented.
- Act with honesty and integrity toward the Company, its employees and customers.
Fruit Growers Supply Company (‘FGS”) is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of its customers. The duties of FGS’ employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the Company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all-inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.
Email us with your cover letter and resume at email@example.com