Location: Hilt, CA
Regular full-time employee who performs road maintenance activities on Company roads under the supervision of the Area Forester. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, operation and maintenance of heavy equipment, along with various other duties assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Adhere to all company safety standards.
- Participate in regular safety meetings
- Operate and maintain heavy equipment safely and proficiently including, but not limited to, excavator, backhoe, dozer, front end loader, grader, brusher, and dump truck as directed by supervisor.
- Perform strenuous outdoor work associated with road construction, re-construction, and/ or maintenance including culvert installation, road surface grading, drainage maintenance and/or enhancement, and other road and infrastructure maintenance as directed by supervisor.
- Ensure adequate asset maintenance, including:
- Preventative maintenance of issued equipment.
- Preventative maintenance of vehicle.
- Resource protection of timberlands.
- Work with Supervisor to ensure compliance with Human Resources policies including
- Complete and submit timesheets on time
- Maintain vehicle mileage and maintenance records
- Represent FGS in a professional and respectful manner
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Experience with maps, compass, and GPS is desireable.
- Mechanical and welding experience is desirable.
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Must be physically able to perform fieldwork
- Must possess a valid and unrestricted drivers liscense.
- Ability to work with co-workers and management personnel in a pleasing and effective manner.
- Must possess ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Required to pass physical and drug screening
Fruit Growers Supply Company is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of our customers. The duties of our employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all-inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.