Location: Valencia, California
The job of the HR Assistant was established for the purpose/s of assisting with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the HR department. The HR Assistant is a hands-on representative of the Human Resourced department whose job is to help facilitate all basic Human Resources functions.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs a broad range of administrative duties for HR, Building Services and Payroll, including but not limited to: processing jury duty, supplemental education, verification’s of employment, termination and new hire paperwork.
- Keys changes for employees into UltiPro, including address, salary, promotions, supervisor and any other changes necessary to maintain an employee’s information accurately in the company’s HRIS system.
- Maintain employee and guest security badges, including the management of monthly board member access.
- Maintains company org charts and distributes as needed.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, storing, securing and destroying employee records. Responsible for records retention schedules.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail; prepares and sends out packages and out-going mail in a timely manner.
- Assists with annual benefits enrollment process and monthly benefit premium billing and reconciliations.
- Coordinates logistics for new hire and benefits orientations and employee training sessions.
- Assists HR supervisor with the hiring process, including sorting resume’s, submitting job postings online, scheduling candidate interviews, processing background checks and contacting references.
- Helps to create and distribute forms, memos and documents.
- Responsible for keeping all required notices postings up to date and posted in all locations.
- Responsible for company crate labels and old department forms from Macintosh computer.
- Sets up various appointments and arranges meetings; organizes company celebrations as they arise.
- Performs file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Responsible for placing orders for new baby & wedding blankets; sending flowers.
- Compiles reports and spreadsheets as needed for various projects.
- Provides clerical support to the HR team such as answering phones, filing, placing orders for supplies, running errands and ordering lunch.
- Responsible for coordinating access to equipment and services for newly hired employees such as computer set up, credit cards, and mobile phone reimbursement level.
- Works with the HR Representative to help administer the Company’s wellness programs, including, wellness fair, massages and other related programs.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance.
- Accomplishes human resource department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Assists as needed with making sure time cards/time off requests are submitted/approved in time for payroll processing.
- Assist payroll by adding vacation, sick and flex plans prior to a new hire’s 90th
- Maintains a neat work area.
- Maintains a professional appearance and personal conduct at all times.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Certifications/Licenses, Experiences, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 6 months related administrative experience. Experience in Human Resources a plus.
- Knowledge of human resources rules and regulations a plus.
- Must be able to work in a highly confidential environment.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Strong administrative writing skills and excellent verbal communication skills are essential.
- The ability to work independently and carry out assignments to completion within parameter of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently.
- Must be dependable, organized, able to follow instruction and respond to management directions.
- Ability to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percent’s, and/or ratios.
- Strong computer skills: must be proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Physical Requirements (List not all inclusive)
Measurements: 67-100% of time = Continuously, 45-66% of time = Frequently, 66% of time = Occasionally
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential functions consistent with Sunkist standards, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with Sunkist standard, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to: talk, listen and spec effectively on telephone; read, write and understand written documents and policy; sit for sustained periods of time.
- Ability to type or otherwise work primarily with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm.
- Must be able to spend extended periods of time viewing computer screen and/or operating a keyboard.
- Must be able to spend extended periods of time standing while filing.
- Able to stand; walk short distances; pull and/or push; grasp; reach; bend; stoop; kneel; crouch.
- Moderate Carrying – must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to travel to different work sites and meetings.
Fruit Growers Supply Company is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of our customers. The duties of our employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all-inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.
Email us with your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org