Location: Santa Paula, California
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- This individual will be held responsible for annual sales goals and have budgetary responsibilities as it pertains to both sales expenses.
- This individual will execute against a sales plan and ensure generation of new sales and the bidding and estimate processes is completed in an efficient manner.
- This individual will provide excellent customer service, follow up and communication to our customers
- This individual will be responsible to produce the annual growth plan and budget proposal.
- Responsible for promoting, supporting and implementing safety and quality policies and procedures.
- Provides for the safekeeping and maintenance of company assets and premises
- Actively engages in developing and monitoring programs designed to enhance customer service and sales
- Responsible for the implementation of all company policies and procedures. Reviews employee’s compliance and adherence to these guidelines. Directs any actions necessary to ensure compliance.
- Actively engages in developing and monitoring programs designed to enhance customer service and sales for FGS goods and services.
- May at times be required to perform other duties as assigned and assist in duties of other positions.
The performance of these responsibilities presumes full attention to:
- Complying with all the Company policies and procedures.
- Maintaining the integrity of and professional image of the Company in dealing with other Company employees and customer representatives.
This job may require the individual to perform the following in an 8 hour day:
1 to 33%
.25 – 3 hrs.
34 to 66%
3 – 5 hrs.
67 to 100%
5 – 8 hrs.
|Lifting/Carrying 1-10 lbs.||X|
|Lifting/Carrying 11-25 lbs.||X|
|Lifting/Carrying 26-50 lbs.||X|
|Lifting/Carrying 51-80 lbs.||X|
|Lifting/Carrying over 80 lbs.||X|
Reports to General Manager Operation Centers.
General Responsibilities and Skills:
- Ability to handle numerous and challenging projects simultaneously (multi task)
- Ability to develop effective relationships with Company personnel and customers
- Ability to act all times professionally and respectfully toward co-workers and third parties with whom the Company does business.
- Maintain consistency in work habits and interactions with co-workers and third parties.
- Maintain dependability standards set by management.
- Maintain regular attendance and excellent punctuality.
- Comply with all Company and departmental policies and procedures; alert management to ethical violations.
- Interact face-to-face, by phone or by electronic means with member packinghouses, co-workers, team members, management and other Company personnel on a daily basis to accomplish duties and responsibilities.
- Communicate well with others in accomplishing assigned tasks/functions.
- Work collaboratively with others.
- Cope well with pressure.
- Be service oriented.
- Act with honesty and integrity toward the Company, its employees and customers.
Minimum Educational and Experience Qualifications/Requirements:
- A four-year degree in Agriculture, Business or a related field and/or ten years related work experience in Agricultural Sales/Customer Service and purchasing.
- Must have excellent Customer Service and Inter-personal skills and be able to deal with individuals in a positive and professional manner.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to travel overnight.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Power Point.
- A valid, unrestricted CA driver’s license.
- Proof of American citizenship and/or legal US work status.
- Bilingual ability (English/Spanish) is highly desirable.
Fruit Growers Supply Company (‘FGS”) is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of its customers. The duties of FGS’ employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the Company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.
Email us with your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org