Location: Visalia, CA
The IT Support Analyst will provide front-line primary technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software and peripherals. They will also be responsible for responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner. The IT Support Analyst must have excellent problem solving skills in order to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations, or when appropriate, escalate or route them to appropriate IT staff members.
- Monitors Service Desk software for tickets assigned and provides technical assistance and support for incoming inquiries and issues related to computer software and hardware in person, via phone, and/ or email as appropriate.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware, software, and peripherals for users.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems; laptops, desktops, and tablets, and provide support for handheld smartphones.
- Records required customer and problem information in Work Order System. Updates tickets with appropriate journal entries of activities, and closes tickets with resolution entered upon completion of the job.
- Provides support for SAP/ Point-of-Sale application.
- Train and assist users in working with computer systems and applications.
- Provides support to clients working in a Citrix XenApp 7.x environment.
- Perform user administration duties including, but not limited to, assigning users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN) and other systems in conjunction with IT networking team, including, but not limited to, support for VoIP and Wi-Fi.
- Determines the most effective manner to resolve customer’s technical issue. Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues and consults with other members of the IT staff as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form, technical information with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with end users, vendors, and managers.
- Maintain current knowledge of technical advances in the field.
- Some travel required to other locations for hardware and software support.
- Participates in after-hours and weekend On Call rotation.
Education and Experience
- Two to five years of hands-on experience working in an end-user desktop support role or computer operations environment.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting Microsoft Office 2010 through Office 2016. Working knowledge of Office 365 a plus.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting computers running Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
- Advance printer/ peripheral device troubleshooting.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/ IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting client issues in a Citrix environment.
- Experience with VoIP, Wi-Fi, and other networking issues a plus.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to concentrate to meet numerous deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to make independent decisions to respond to numerous requests, deadlines, and to prioritize assignments.
- Ability to exchange information.
- Ability to learn the procedures, function and limitations of assigned duties.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with a wide range of people.
- Ability to give direction and to exercise tact, diplomacy, empathy, and firmness in sometimes highly emotional situations.
Fruit Growers Supply Company is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of our customers. The duties of our employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.
Email us with your cover letter and resume at email@example.com