Objective of the Position:
Diagnose, adjust, repair hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment used
at the Carton Plant.
- Must be safety oriented
- Ensure safety is the number one priority
- Follow Fruit Growers Supply’s Lock out, Tag out and Try Policy and machine specific Lock out, Tag out and Try Procedures
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Perform safety inspections in manufacturing or repair settings
- Promote, execute and adhere to Fruit Growers Supply Company’s safety programs and encourage all employees to adopt safety as a culture.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections
- Work in a safe, responsible manner to not intentionally or unintentionally injure oneself or endanger the well-being of others.
- Report all injuries, near misses, unsafe acts and property damage to the Production Supervisor
- Complete a “Maintenance Task Hazard Assessment” for each non-routine task.
- Respond to emergency machine breakdowns in a timely manner.
- Completes assigned tasks correctly and within the allotted time.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance duties on facility equipment
- Common Troubleshooting and repair of AC / DC drives, PLC’s, electrical systems, electrical equipment, piping systems, plant machinery and plant equipment.
- Locate, diagnose and repair malfunctions of Hydraulic systems, Pneumatic systems, Water & Starch piping systems, including pumps, valves, and cylinders.
- Perform various inspections and testing on plant systems, machinery and equipment.
- Performs carpentry, i.e., form building, structural steel, concrete, etc.
- Assist with operation of laptop computers for required troubleshooting of PLC controlled systems.
- Assist with plant layouts and wiring installations.
- Perform necessary procedures to maintain parts stores inventory system.
- Perform cleanup of job site prior to and after completing repairs.
- Perform general housekeeping duties and other duties as assigned by supervision.
- 3-5 years of Maintenance experience in an industrial maintenance related field.
- Corrugated Industry preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of listed machinery:
- BHS CORRUGATOR
- MHI EVOL FLEXO FOLDER GLUER
- WARD 50” FLEXO FOLDER GLUER
- GOPFERT ROTARY DIE CUTTER
- DUCKER AUTOMATION & ROBOTICS
- EAM MOSCA STRAPPERS & BUNDLERS
- LACHENMEIR HOODER
- Must be able to lift 50-70 lbs. regularly.
- Basic knowledge of automated controls.
- Basic electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanic knowledge.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must have flexibility, reach and body height consistent with job responsibilities.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid forklift license.
- Ability to work independently in a mature and professional manner
- Must possess a positive “can do” attitude
- Must have a sense of urgency
- Must be able to work third shift 11pm to 7am
Fruit Growers Supply Company is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of our customers. The duties of our employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all-inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.
Email us with your resume and cover letter email@example.com or apply below