Location: Ontario, CA
Primary Objective of the Position:
Diagnose, adjust, repair hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment used at the Carton Plant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be safety oriented
- Ensure safety is the number one priority
- Follow Fruit Growers Supply’s Lock out, Tag out and Try Policy and machine specific Lock out, Tag out and Try Procedures
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Perform safety inspections in manufacturing or repair settings
- Promote, execute and adhere to Fruit Growers Supply Company’s safety programs and encourage all employees to adopt safety as a culture.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections
- Work in a safe, responsible manner to not intentionally or unintentionally injure oneself or endanger the wellbeing of others.
- Report all injuries, near misses, unsafe acts and property damage to the Production Supervisor
- Complete a “Maintenance Task Hazard Assessment” for each non-routine task.
- Respond to emergency machine breakdowns in a timely manner.
- Completes assigned tasks correctly and within the allotted time.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance duties on facility equipment
- Common Troubleshooting and repair of AC / DC drives, PLC’s, electrical systems, electrical equipment, piping systems, plant machinery and plant equipment.
- Locate, diagnose and repair malfunctions of Hydraulic systems, Pneumatic systems, Water & Starch piping systems, including pumps, valves, and cylinders.
- Perform various inspections and testing on plant systems, machinery and equipment.
- Performs carpentry, i.e., form building, structural steel, concrete, etc.
- Assist with operation of laptop computers for required troubleshooting of PLC controlled systems.
- Assist with plant layouts and wiring installations.
- Perform necessary procedures to maintain parts stores inventory system.
- Perform cleanup of job site prior to and after completing repairs.
- Perform general housekeeping duties and other duties as assigned by supervision.
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of Maintenance experience in an industrial maintenance related field.
- Corrugated Industry preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of listed machinery:
- BHS CORRUGATOR
- MHI EVOL FLEXO FOLDER GLUER
- WARD 50” FLEXO FOLDER GLUER
- GOPFERT ROTARY DIE CUTTER
- DUCKER AUTOMATION & ROBOTICS
- EAM MOSCA STRAPPERS & BUNDLERS
- LACHENMEIR HOODER
- Must be able to lift 50-70 lbs. regularly.
- Basic knowledge of automated controls.
- Basic electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanic knowledge.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must have flexibility, reach and body height consistent with job responsibilities.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid forklift license.
- Ability to work independently in a mature and professional manner
- Must possess a positive “can do” attitude
- Must have a sense of urgency
- Must be able to work third shift 11pm to 7am
Email us with your cover letter and resume at email@example.com