Location: Exeter, CA
The Office Administrator will manage and oversee the office functions including all billing activity and administrative functions of the Packing Services Business Unit.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Four-year degree in Agriculture, Business, Supply Chain; or experience acquired within FGS.
- Experience in purchasing, inventory control, and management.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and be willing and able to use personal vehicle for company reimbursed travel both locally and away from home as business dictates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Billing, Customer Applications. Packinghouse Blue Print/Customer profile.
- Purchase top ten ingredients for wax manufacturing.
- Manage Contracts/Agreements
- Manage Capital Projects
- Manage Packing House Project Expenses
- Scheduling and Tracking: Training, Audits, Equipment Projects
- Renew: Licenses, Permits, Certifications
- Supports all safe work practices and policies and holds others accountable
- Supports efforts for promoting and maintaining a safe work environment for all employees and customers.
- Keep track sales and days safe as well as any other information required for customer service scorecard and submit for previous month’s data.
- Completes all billing related functions for Packinghouse Service Invoices by the 10th day of the month for previous months activity
- Completes Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly reports for the different agencies. (DPR, EPA, County, etc.)
- Assists the Director, Post-Harvest Technologies with customer change requests.
- Monitors that all data is saved in correct files and is available for Food Safety.
- Provide wax and chemical usage reports to customers weekly, monthly or as needed.
- Work with wax department in the forecasting and ordering of raw materials for production
- Monitor the forecasting and ordering of chemicals required for processing
- Process or delegate vendor invoice processing
- Review contracts quarterly to ensure that all customers are getting correct pricing.
- Evaluate data to determine customer profitability.
- Work with accounting to ensure that vendor invoices are processed timely
- Responsible for monitoring that all sales orders are invoices timely and also verify that no open items remain at end of the month.
- Maintains office services by organizing Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence; following and improving digital filing systems.
- Monitor and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Monitors office efficiency by ensuring that implemented office systems, layouts, and office supplies are procured timely.
- Monitor and approve supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Assists Supply Chain in developing and implementing office policies; establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Supports Office Staff, Service Technicians, Operations Manager and Director, Post Harvest Technologies.
- Update Personnel files/HR documentation and send to Corporate HR.
- Monitors the inventory variances and reports data to Management.
- Responsible for working with production in the replenishment of raw materials and chemicals.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with Company personnel and customers
- Maintain dependability standards set by management.
- Additional tasks may be assigned as needed.
Fruit Growers Supply Company (‘FGS”) is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of its customers. The duties of FGS’ employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the Company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.