Job Location: Visalia, CA
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Helps with the organization and running of administrative operations.
- Completes all safety-training programs and follows all safety procedures required by United Wholesale Lumber Company.
- Keeps office organized and assists associates in ways that optimizes procedures.
- Sorts and distributes communications in a timely manner.
- Creates and updates records ensuring accuracy and validity of information.
- Monitors levels of supplies and handles shortages.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies.
- Maintains trusting relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues.
- Performs receptionist duties when needed.
- Accurately inputs data into time-keeping system (Kronos).
- Use SAP accounting system.
- Enhances organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Maintains constant communication with customers, Ops Center Manager, Irrigation Sales Rep, Irrigation Designer, and Irrigation Buyer
- Greets customers and offers assistance as needed, answers walk in customer questions
- Provides excellent customer service, and develops service tracking mechanisms• Follows up with customers regarding their orders, deliveries, questions, etc. on a consistent and regular basis
- Provides technical assistance to customers, both in person and over the phone
- Maintains a neat, organized and safe work place at all times
- Maintains catalogs, brochures, and all other advertising/marketing/sales information in an orderly fashion
- Ability to be self-motivated, initiator and be part of a team who wants to succeed
- Participates in weekly Irrigation meeting and weekly Irrigation conference call
- Other duties as assigned.
- Clear, concise and effective communication skills
- Excellent written skills
- Ability to multi-task, keep organized and follow up on pending items
- Excellent computer skills – SAP, Microsoft office – Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Thorough understanding of office management procedures
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
- Must be a team player and demonstrate the ability to support the efforts of others.
- Must possess a valid unrestricted driver’s license.
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 40 pounds.
Customary Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent, 2-year degree preferred
- Proven experience as an office assistant, virtual assistant or in another relevant administrative role.
NOTE: This is a general description of the position and is not a full description of all duties. Specifics will be discussed at the time of any interview.
Email us with your cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org