Location: Orange Cove, California
The primary function of this position is the timely and most cost effective procurement of inventory as well as special order items.
Minimum Educational and Experience Qualifications/Requirements:
- Four year degree in Agriculture or Business; or equivalent education and work experience related to agriculture or customer service.
- Familiarity with supplies and equipment used by packinghouses and growers preferably.
- Must have excellent Customer Service and Inter-personal skills and be able to deal with individuals in a positive and professional manner.
- Basic arithmetic ability, 10-key a plus
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to travel overnight.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Power Point, SAP a plus.
- A valid, unrestricted CA driver’s license.
- Proof of American citizenship and/or legal US work status.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Receives orders by mail, telephone, or in person from members. Places orders with most advantageous supplier.
- Obtains and reissues quotations on requested special purchases.
- Assigns selling price to merchandise purchases.
- Interviews routine calls from vendor salespeople. Maintains a wide acquaintance with vendor's products, prices, availability, and market conditions.
- Maintains wide knowledge of sources of supply for numerous items used in citrus groves and packinghouse operations.
- Responsible for improvising and finding alternative sources and solutions in helping members meet their buying needs.
- Initiates correspondence to members and suppliers regarding orders.
- Maintains communications between buying offices, other FGS employees, and customers to insure that FGS commitments are met.
Secondary Functions and Responsibilities:
- May at times be required to perform and assist in duties of other positions, such as warehouse person.
- Will participates in Operation Center activities.
NOTE: This is a general description of the position and is not a full description of all duties. Specifics will be discussed at the time of any interview.
The performance of these responsibilities presumes full attention to:
- Complying with all the Company policies and procedures.
- Maintaining the integrity of and professional image of the Company in dealing with other Company employees and customer representatives.
General Responsibilities and Skills
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to manage the details.
- Must be proactive.
- Must possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with and influence all levels.
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings and training sessions.
- Computer literate with Microsoft and other office equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a number of issues at one time.
- Ability to make independent, effective decisions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with three to five years of sales or marketing experience in corrugated containers or allied fields.
- Must have knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Work requires significant local travel and 1 to 2 days per week of overnight travel, normally within California, to current and potential clients.
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license is required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Must be able to persuade and influence others
- Must be able to develop and deliver presentations
- Must be able to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
Fruit Growers Supply Company is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of our customers. The duties of our employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all-inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.
Email us with your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below