Location: Porterville, CA
The primary objective for the Operations Center Supervisor it to provide leadership for the Sales Associate team in the showroom and warehouse. The Supervisor will manage the day-to-day operations and processes in the showroom and warehouse, sales and revenue generated by both walk in customers and orders fulfilled in the warehouse, and their employee group. This individual will promote and oversee the sale of merchandise to FGS customers, which includes well displayed merchandise, a knowledgeable and friendly staff promoting exceptional customer service, excellent housekeeping practices, and a safe work environment.
Minimum Educational and Experience Qualifications/Requirements:
- A four-year degree in a business related field is preferred, but not required. A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Three to five years of supervisory or management experience is required
- Three to five years of customer service experience is required
- Three to five years of experience in warehouse operations and/or large scale distribution operations is preferred
- Three to five years of retail and/or merchandising experience is preferred
- Experience or exposure in the fields of agricultural sales, purchasing, light manufacturing or citrus production and processing preferred
- Must have excellent customer service skills. Must have the ability to establish, maintain and promote high standards of customer service.
- Must possess strong communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate direction to an individual or a group of individuals, as well as the ability to effectively communicate constructive feedback and provide coaching.
- Effective time management skills including the ability to manage one’s own schedule as well as plan and manage scheduling for a team of direct reports.
- Must be fast paced, highly energetic, a self- starter and possess a positive attitude.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, and Word (SAP knowledge a plus)
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 60 lbs. and handle bulky items.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) desirable.
- Proof of American citizenship and/or legal US work status.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices for their Sales Associate team.
- Provide effective, frequent interaction with the Sales Associate team on an individually and group basis.
- Spend a minimum of 2 hours per day working directly with the Sales Associate team in the showroom and warehouse, developing and coaching the team.
- Meets with Sales Associate team as needed to provide direction on daily tasks, following processes, etc.
- Hiring and training of personnel. Provides ongoing individual training and coaching relative to Sales Associate job responsibilities, safety, quality, processes, product knowledge, etc.
- Plans and coordinates labor and work schedules for direct reports, being mindful to ensure cross training and employee coverage are accounted for at all times.
- Maintain employee records and Ultipro timekeeping system, including managing overtime and employee punch edits.
- Implements best practice policies and procedures to direct reports as they are rolled out by management, and uses regular follow-up to ensure employees continuously adhere to new policies.
- Ensures compliance with local fire, safety, and health codes.
- Executes weekly and monthly safety walks and weekly safety team meetings.
- Ensures Sales Associate team consistently meets expectations of all safety policies.
- Maintenance of showroom and warehouse facilities.
- Ensures accurate and orderly management of inventory in the showroom and warehouse.
- Ensures accurate and timely shipping and receiving of materials.
- Provide an example of excellent customer service and provides coaching to Sales Associates regarding customer service opportunities.
- Promote customer service – courteous, professional, helpful and accurate.
- Ensures Sales Associate team consistently meets expectations of all customer service policies.
- Shares customer feedback with Sales Associates to identify areas of opportunity and corrective actions.
- Act as a resource for the Sales Associate team with product knowledge and product assortment understanding.
- Assists the Sales Associate team in mitigating and resolving issues related to POS, product locations, and sku understanding.
- Meets with the Ops Center District Manager routinely to coordinate activities and daily processes.
- Monitor sales transactions and runs daily audit reports pertaining to open POS orders, price changes, and negative on hand inventory.
- Completes daily cash and cash sales reconciliation processes.
- Regularly reviews the showroom’s product assortment and makes product assortment / skew recommendations to the Ops Center District Manager and Buyers to better meet customer’s needs.
- Alerts the Buyers when products are out of stock and require reorder.
- Identifies and reports inventory discrepancies through noted processes.
- Maintains a neat, organized and safe work place at all times.
- Ability to be self-motivated, initiator and be part of a team who wants to succeed.
- Manages attendance according to operation center policy.
The performance of these responsibilities presumes full attention to:
- Complying with all the company policies and procedures
- Maintaining the integrity and professional image of the company in dealing with other employees and customer representatives
General Responsibilities and Skills: Subject to Change
- Ability to handle numerous and challenging projects simultaneously (multi task)
- Ability to develop effective relationships with company personnel and customers
- Ability to act all times professionally and respectfully toward co-workers and third parties with whom the company does business
- Maintain consistency in work habits and interactions with co-workers and third parties
- Maintain dependability standards set by management
- Maintain regular attendance and excellent punctuality
- Comply with all company and departmental policies and procedures; alert management to ethical violations
- Interact face-to-face, by phone or by electronic means with member packinghouses, co-workers, team members, management and other company personnel on a daily basis to accomplish duties and responsibilities
- Communicate well with others in accomplishing assigned tasks/functions
- Work collaboratively with others
- Cope well with pressure
- Be service oriented
- Act with honesty and integrity toward the company, its employees and customers
- Job may also require you to perform duties not noted in this job description as needed
Fruit Growers Supply Company (‘FGS”) is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of its customers. The duties of FGS’ employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the Company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.