Operation Center Supervisor
Job Location Riverside, CA
Primary Objective of Position:
This individual will promote and oversee the sale of merchandise to FGS customers- which includes well displayed merchandise, a knowledgeable and friendly staff promoting exceptional Customer Service, excellent housekeeping practices, and a safe work environment.
Minimum Educational and Experience Qualifications/Requirements:
• A four year degree in a business related field is preferred, but not required. A high school diploma or equivalent is required, plus 3-5 years’ experience in warehouse operations as well as 3-5 years of supervisory or management experience.
• Excellent communication and grammatical skills, both written and verbal.
• Must be willing and able to lift up to 60 lbs. and handle bulky items. (Occasionally up to 80 lbs.).
• Experience or exposure in: agricultural sales, purchasing, supervision, general accounting, standard safety programs, LEAN manufacturing or any similar type of LEAN training and citrus production/processing is desired.
• Excellent Customer Service skills is a must. Establish, maintain and promote high standards of Customer Service.
• Bilingual desirable (English/Spanish).
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word and Power point.
• SAP experience a plus.
• Must be able to provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
• This individual will provide leadership and oversee a group of individuals directly responsible for sales/revenue. This requires effective frequent interaction on an individual and group basis.
• Administrative duties as required to ensure daily KPI’s performance is achieved.
• The Supervisor will provide Leadership by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices.
• The primary responsibilities of the Warehouse Supervisor is to supervise, coordinate, and/or implement all transactions from the warehouse including, but not limited to the following:
• Orderly management of inventories, including necessary security measures.
• Conduct daily/monthly cycle counts and facilitate annual inventories, tracking accuracy consistently.
• Maintenance of warehouse records.
• Hiring and training of personnel. Provides on-going individual training and coaching relative to on the job training, safety, quality, specifications, processes, etc.
• Plan and coordinate labor / work schedules (ranges from 3-12 direct reports).
• Accurate and timely shipping and receiving of materials.
• Maintenance of warehouse facilities.
• Compliance with local fire, safety, and health codes.
• Maintain employee records and KRONOS timekeeping system including managing overtime.
• Creating best practice policies and procedures for all responsible positions.
• May be required to operate mechanical equipment, forklift, pallet jack, assorted dollies, carts, electronic scales and compressors.
• Supervision of staff under your direct or indirect control.
• Stand in for Manager as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
The performance of these responsibilities presumes full attention to:
• Complying with all the Company policies and procedures.
• Maintaining the integrity of and professional image of the Company in dealing with other Company employees and customer representatives.
General Responsibilities and Skills:
• Communicate well with others in accomplishing assigned tasks/functions.
• Work collaboratively with others.
• Cope well with pressure.
• Be service oriented.
• Act with honesty and integrity toward the Company, its employees and customers.
Fruit Growers Supply Company (‘FGS”) is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of its customers. The duties of FGS’ employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the Company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.
Email us with your resume and cover letter email@example.com