Experience and Education Requirements:
- High School or equivalent with at least an educational certification in a specific maintenance field preferred (i.e.; welding, mechanics, electrical, instrumentation).
- Five years maintenance experience in the post-harvest industry including fruit handling.
- Must possess a valid unrestricted driver’s license. May be required to travel away from home as business dictates.
- Must be willing and able to lift 40 lbs. on an occasional basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes all safety-training programs and follows all safety procedures required by Fruit Growers Supply Company.
- Supports all safe work practices and policies and holds others accountable
- Meets maintenance financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Manages the service personnel who provide service to the packinghouses on a daily basis.
- Documents and manages performance reviews of all direct reports.
- Advises packinghouse personnel on practical issues of equipment specifications.
- Utilizes advanced knowledge of fruit coating application equipment to amend the applications and improve efficiency of the processes required to treat various fruits.
- Meets maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems
- Responsible for managing problems that are encountered in the processes of fruit harvesting and packing and for suggesting process improvements in regards to equipment and maintenance.
- Other duties as may be required.
General Responsibilities and Skills: Subject to Change
- Ability to handle numerous and challenging projects simultaneously (multi task)
- Ability to develop effective relationships with Company personnel and customers
- Ability to act all times professionally and respectfully toward co-workers and third parties with whom the Company does business
- Maintain consistency in work habits and interactions with co-workers and third parties.
- Maintain dependability standards set by management.
- Maintain regular attendance and excellent punctuality.
- Comply with all Company and departmental policies and procedures; alert management to ethical violations
- Interact face-to-face, by phone or by electronic means with member packinghouses, co-workers, team members, management and other Company personnel on a daily basis to accomplish duties and responsibilities
- Communicate well with others in accomplishing assigned tasks/functions.
- Work collaboratively with others
- Cope well with pressure.
- Be service oriented
- Act with honesty and integrity toward the Company, its employees and customers
Fruit Growers Supply Company is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of our customers. The duties of our employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all-inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.
Email us with your resume and cover letter email@example.com or apply below