Location: Valencia, CA
Primary responsibility is to analyze Sunkist and Packinghouse forecast to replenish inventories at all Operation Centers and meet Member packaging demands.
Minimum Educational and Experience Qualifications/Requirements:
- Four-year degree in Supply Chain or Business and/or five years related work experience in Supply Chain, Purchasing, or Customer Service
- Must have excellent Customer Service and Inter-personal skills and be able to deal with individuals in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to exercise self-motivation, flexibility, initiative, and good judgement
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to travel overnight
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, Power Point, SAP a plus
- Valid unrestricted California driver’s license and a reliable automobile available for business use as required
- Must be able to provide proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
The primary function of this position is the timely and most cost effective procurement of packaging materials supplied to our Member based customers. In conjunction, this position is responsible for managing and defining the purchasing process of necessary goods and services in a timely, economical, and efficient manner in order to meet our customer service goals.
- Maintains a close relationship with Sunkist and member customers by analyzing and monitoring Sunkist’s forecasted volumes versus actual sales
- Manages the day to day movement of all packaging materials within the Operation Centers, working closely with the Carton Plant, and various venders
- Facilitates information relative to new items, discontinued packaging and/or changes in distribution
- Provides excellent internal customer service and develops service tracking mechanisms
- Assists in procurement to meet the demands of our members
- Manages slow moving packaging, combining efforts between Sunkist and FGS
- Creates and maintains forecasting model to monitor historical data vs forecast
- Has visibility of all orders received and in return places orders with the designated vender(s) or Carton Plant
- Receives routine calls from packaging vendors and sales people
- Maintains a data base for vendors, products, prices, availability, and market conditions
- Initiates correspondence with members and suppliers regarding orders
The performance of these responsibilities presumes full attention to:
- Complying with all the Company policies and procedures.
- Maintaining the integrity of and professional image of the Company in dealing with other Company employees and customer representatives.
General Responsibilities and Skills:
- Ability to handle numerous and challenging projects simultaneously (multi- task)
- Ability to develop effective relationships with Company personnel and customers
- Ability to act all times professionally and respectfully toward co-workers and third parties with whom the Company does business.
- Maintain consistency in work habits and interactions with co-workers and third parties.
- Maintain dependability standards set by management.
- Maintain regular attendance and excellent punctuality.
- Comply with all Company and departmental policies and procedures; alert management to ethical violations.
- Interact face-to-face, by phone or by electronic means with member packinghouses, co-workers, team members, management and other Company personnel on a daily basis to accomplish duties and responsibilities.
- Communicate well with others in accomplishing assigned tasks/functions.
- Work collaboratively with others.
- Cope well with pressure.
- Be service oriented.
- Act with honesty and integrity toward the Company, its employees and customers.
Fruit Growers Supply Company (‘FGS”) is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of its customers. The duties of FGS’ employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the Company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all-inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.
Email us with your cover letter and resume at firstname.lastname@example.org