Responsible for the overall, safe operations in the manufacturing facility to include, but not limited to, safety, personnel, production, customer requirements, planning. Makes recommendations for process improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure safety is the number one priority within the Carton Plant
- Maintain a safe working environment for all employees
- Identify areas where safety issues could arise and take the proper measures to proactively address the concerns.
- Actively participate in the Carton Plants Safety Committee
- Enforce plants safety regulations and housekeeping practices and encourage employees to become safety conscious
- Maintain and on-going safety plan
- Instill a “proactive” approach towards safety with employee involvement
- Ensure safety rule compliance across shift
Quality and Continuous Improvement
- Ensure corrective/preventive actions are implemented for internal and external customer complaints
- Maintain effective departmental quality procedures
- Lead teams and participate in team based activities in pursuit of continuous improvement
Production and Cost Improvement
- Lead team to achieve performance objectives through monitoring and reaction to measured performance metrics including Overall Equipment Effectiveness, waste and downtime
- Be innovative and creative with process improvements
- Ensure shift receives feedback and updates on improvement plans
- Ensure that on a daily basis all company standards and customer commitments (ie: safety, quality, production, on-time delivery) are followed within the mill
- Supervise employees to accomplish safety, quality, productivity and efficiency goals
- Build effective relationships with all internal departments to produce a superior product
- Control workload factors and workflow to ensure maximum use of available capacity and effective use of labor, tools, and equipment
- Prepare and submit reports as required
- Work with Maintenance to help prioritize work orders and preventative maintenance schedules; help to eliminate barriers in making repairs.
- Work with Department Managers on production schedule and planned maintenance events
- Work with Plant Superintendent on employee relation activities and the counseling and mentoring of direct reports.
- Ensure investigative meetings are conducted prior to recommending disciplinary action and ensure discipline is applied consistently and correctly across shift
- Develop training plans for direct reports for their personal and professional development “Succession Planning”
- Conduct performance reviews on a biannual basis.
- Assist in various training sessions to include, but not limited to, new employee orientation, safety meetings, team training, leadership training, etc.
- Ensure employees are effectively trained to meet expectations of safety and GMP’s
Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory or managerial experience in the corrugated industry preferably as a Corrugated Supervisor or Lead.
- Good maintenance background very helpful
- Strong leadership skills required
- Effective process management skills
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to manage the details.
- Must be proactive
- Must possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with and influence all levels.
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings and training sessions.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office and other office equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a number of issues at one time.
- Ability to make independent, effective decisions.
Fruit Growers Supply Company is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of our customers. The duties of our employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all-inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.
Email us with your resume and cover letter email@example.com