Location: Ontario, California
Responsible for maintaining and growing an established territory consisting of various account sizes. Typically involves critical or complex products requiring a high level of client relationship skills to maintain competitive positioning.
Essential Job Functions
- Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, face-to-face cold calling, and internet-trade publication searches.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
- Follow-up for collection of payment when needed.
- Communicate customer requirements accurately with plant personnel to ensure a quality product with minimal waste.
- Assist plant production with new item runs, trial orders, etc.
- Address all customer complaints first hand with both the customer and the plant personnel to both remedy any situation at the customer and prevent a reoccurrence.
- Manage the Distributor and Broker relationships that use Fruit Growers Supply Company as their source of corrugated, including visitations to their end use customers.
- Negotiate terms of sales, including market price research in like items.
- Other duties as assigned.
The performance of these responsibilities presumes full attention to:
- Adherence to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
General Responsibilities and Skills
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to manage the details.
- Must be proactive.
- Must possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with and influence all levels.
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings and training sessions.
- Computer literate with Microsoft and other office equipment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a number of issues at one time.
- Ability to make independent, effective decisions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with three to five years of sales or marketing experience in corrugated containers or allied fields.
- Must have knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Work requires significant local travel and 1 to 2 days per week of overnight travel, normally within California, to current and potential clients.
- Possession of a valid state driver’s license is required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Must be able to persuade and influence others
- Must be able to develop and deliver presentations
- Must be able to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
Fruit Growers Supply Company is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of our customers. The duties of our employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all-inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.
Email us with your resume and cover letter email@example.com or apply below