Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California
As part of shared services between Fruit Growers Supply Company (FGS) and Sunkist Growers, Inc. (SGI), this position will direct and organize all accounting activities at the FGS Ontario Carton plant and the SGI RTS manufacturing facility. This individual will prepare accounting and financial reports for both locations with dotted lines to the FGS and SGI Controllers. They will ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness of accounting records, as well as ensure accounting systems comply with the company’s internal control environment and takes necessary steps to minimize risk to the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the timely completion and reporting of the weekly and monthly financial related schedules, key performance indicators and supporting analytical schedules to corporate and plant management.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reconciliations between corporate ERP system and local plant systems to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with the company’s policies and established accounting principles.
- Prepares and reviews supporting and analytical schedules to support monthly financial reporting requirements, including, but not limited to: actual to budget variances, actual to standard cost variances, analysis of inventory, inventory usage and inventory turns.
- Designs and implements improvements to existing systems, processes and policies. Enforces adherence to established policies and processes.
- Designs and implements improvements to the company’s internal controls.
- Assists with the interim and year-end financial audits and periodic internal audits. Manages the preparation of schedules and documents for external and internal auditors.
- Daily review of gross production margins on orders and shipments, with follow up to appropriate Product Manager and/ or Sales Manager regarding product quotes and/ or costs as necessary.
- Works with sales, purchasing, and customer service regarding on hand inventory requirements, review of purchase orders, and receipt of material, as well as problem solving with slow moving inventory.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget and periodic forecasts.
- Reviews and approves annual change to unit standard costs.
- Assists local plant personnel in financial related matters and decisions.
- Stays current with developments, practice trends and regulations in the accounting profession.
- Performs other accounting duties and projects, as required or directed.
- A college degree is required; a major in Accounting or related
- Master’s degree and/ or CPA license are preferred.
- 6 years accounting experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Experience in project, bill of materials and work order costing
- Experience with managing inventory levels and production controls in a manufacturing enviroment
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people at various levels within the company are essential, as are good leadership skills.
- Experience with large ERP system (SAP, Oracle, Navision, etc) is preferred.
- Advanced MS Office Excel skills required
- Ability to speak, write, and listen in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, assess risks, resolve problems, and make decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain vigilant attention to details
- Exceptional skills at multi-tasking and completing all projects within established deadlines
- Hands-on with demonstrated resourcefulness and good judgment
- Keen analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Technology savvy with strong knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- A valid, unrestricted CA driver’s license
- Proof of American citenzenship and/ or legal US work status
Fruit Growers Supply Company is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of our customers. The duties of our employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all-inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.
Email us with your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org