Location: Valencia, California
Essential Job Functions
- Assumes responsibility for various aspects of the monthly close, including compilation and recording of journal entries, account reconciliations, report preparation and variance analyses.
- Prepare accurate and timely journal entries in accordance within established schedule/timeframes.
- Monitor daily banking activities and assist in the preparation of daily cash forecasts.
- Reconcile all bank and credit card accounts.
- Prepare and manage prepaid amortization schedules.
- Strong attention to detail and a great work ethic.
- Assist AP with invoice entry and vendor statement reviews.
- Process year end 1099’s.
- Provide backup support for our annual physical inventories.
- Provide backup support for Concur administration.
- Administer and prepare fixed asset transactions and various fixed asset related reports.
- Prepare and record timber depletion and calculate depletion rates annually.
- Other projects and duties as necessary to support our business units and departmental objectives.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 1-2 years general accounting work experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, SAP or other large ERP system).
- Strong technical accounting and financial reporting experience required.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work well with people at various levels within the company and in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to multi-task and complet projects within established deadlines.
- Ability to pick up tasks quickly with on-the-job training.
- Maintains regular and timely attendance.
- Able and willing to work extended hours during month-end and year-end close, as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed which may include overnight stay
- Attend company and department meetings as required
Fruit Growers Supply Company is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of our customers. The duties of our employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all-inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.
Email us with your resume and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org