Job location: Exeter, CA
Essential Job Functions
- Completes all safety training programs and follows all safety procedures required by Fruit Growers Supply Company. Supports all safe work practices and policies.
- Utilizes advanced knowledge of fruit coating application equipment to amend the applications and improve efficiency of the processes required to treat various fruits.
- Responsible for all chemical and fungicide applications in packinghouse settings.
- Knowledgeable with Food Safety Regulations
- Fungicide reporting to the affected counties where treatment occurs.
- Utilizes knowledge of the harvesting process, transport, packing and storage of fruit and being able to make decisions to preserve fruit quality.
- Responsible for managing problems that are encountered in the processes of fruit harvesting and packing and for suggesting process improvements.
- Recommends and coordinates studies and research that would be beneficial to the packer and shipper.
- Knowledge of postharvest diseases, their prevention, and control.
- Knowledge of fungicide resistance assessment and management
- Being able to provide support, and advice for compliance for the export markets.
- Being able to provide advising on MRL’s requirements for the domestic and export markets.
- Being able to conduct efficacy tests with current and new materials to prevent and control decay.
- Knowledge of basic fruit physiology in cold storage, de-greening rooms, etc.
- Other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology, Plant Science, Microbiology, or other closely related field or equivalent.
- Five years’ experience in the post-harvest industry including fruit handling and applied research.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain through the California Department of Pesticide Regulation a QAL license and a PCA license.
- Must possess a valid unrestricted driver’s license. May be required to travel away from home as business dictates.
- Must be willing and able to lift 40 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Ability to handle numerous and challenging projects simultaneously (multi task)
- Ability to develop effective relationships with Company personnel and customers
- Ability to act all times professionally and respectfully toward co-workers and third parties with whom the Company does business
- Maintain consistency in work habits and interactions with co-workers and third parties.
- Maintain dependability standards set by management.
- Maintain regular attendance and excellent punctuality.
- Comply with all Company and departmental policies and procedures; alert management to ethical violations
- Interact face-to-face, by phone or by electronic means with member packinghouses, co-workers, team members, management and other Company personnel on a daily basis to accomplish duties and responsibilities
- Communicate well with others in accomplishing assigned tasks/functions.
- Work collaboratively with others
- Cope well with pressure.
- Be service oriented
- Act with honesty and integrity toward the Company, its employees and customers
Fruit Growers Supply Company is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of our customers. The duties of our employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.