Location: Visalia, California
The Utility Worker will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks ranging from stenciling, painting, pressure washing, stacking, hand nailing, hogger, and general cleanup.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be safety oriented
- Ensure safety is the number one priority
- Follow United Wholesale Lumber’s Lock out, Tag out and Try Policy and machine specific Lock out, Tag out and Try Procedures
- Work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Promote, execute and adhere to United Wholesale Lumber’s safety programs and encourage all employees to adopt safety as a culture.
- Attend weekly safety meetings
- Work in a safe, responsible manner to not intentionally or unintentionally injure oneself or endanger the wellbeing of others.
- Report all injuries, near misses, unsafe acts and property damage to the Supervisor
- Stencil all pallets as required with customer specific information and apply IPPC HT Stamp. All stencils and stamps must be legible and meet the quality control measures
- Paint pallets to customer specifications
- Pressure wash pallets as required to remove excessive dirt
- Stack lumber coming off of the cut-off saw, re-saw or notching machine
- Work hogger area separating useable material and feeding scrap material to the chipper
- Manually hand nail and repair pallets as required
- Follow all clean up procedures ensuring safety of oneself and others around you
- Remove debris from machinery and place byproduct on the proper conveyors
- Report to maintenance any oil spills, leaks, air leaks and anything that may appear to be loose or broken
- Performs other related duties to contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervision
- Keep production area free of debris
- Responsible for Daily, Weekly and Monthly housekeeping duties
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or G.E.D Preferred
- Industry experience preferred
General Skills and Requirements
- Ability to work independently in a mature and professional manner
- Must possess a positive “can do” attitude
- Must have a sense of urgency
- Must be able to work back shifts and overtime when necessary
Fruit Growers and United Wholesale Lumber Company are dynamic organizations and are continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of our customers. The duties of our employees will change to reflect the changing needs of the company. This job description, while highly descriptive of the representative duties of the position, is not meant to be all-inclusive. Other duties may arise which are not specifically written. It is expected that employees will follow all reasonable and legal instructions of their supervisor when asked.
Email us with your resume and cover letter email@example.com or apply below