Sustainable Agriculture Practices
Since 1907, we’ve managed our forests for the sustainable production of wood products while ensuring abundant and healthy forests for future generations.
Today, we are committed to the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) 2015-2019 Standard, and our dedication to following these sustainable agriculture practices is shared throughout all of our divisions.
Our Commitment to Sustainability
Our commitment to sustainability is all-inclusive and integrates the management, harvesting and reforestation of our timberlands with responsible conservation of soil, air, water, wildlife, and aesthetic qualities. Some of the standards we practice include:
- Harvesting timber over the long term, and at sustainable rates.
- Promptly reforesting after harvesting our sustainable lumber; usually immediately, but always within 2 years after harvest.
- Utilizing state-of-the-art silvicultural and best management practices to ensure the maximum sustained production of our forest resource, simultaneously protecting the environment.
- Protecting soil productivity and stability using equipment and best management practices that minimize disturbance and erosion.
- Preserving our forest lands’ unique biological, geological, and historical qualities and sites.
- Working to protect water quality through erosion prevention and riparian protection zones.
- Delivering a diversity of habitats for wildlife, and contributing to the conservation of biological diversity across the landscapes where we have ownership.
- Maintaining healthy forests and minimizing losses caused by fire, insects, and disease.
- Protecting threatened and endangered species and working with government agencies to aid in their conservation.
- Strongly considering aesthetic values in our management and harvest activities and adopting sustainable agriculture practices accordingly.
Join Our Sustainable Mission
Fruit Growers Supply leads the agriculture supplier industry in creating a more sustainable and eco-friendly future. If you’re interested in learning more about our commitment to sustainable agriculture practices, sustainable lumber, or our timberlands, reach out to our team today.