Our timberlands are part of our legacy for future generations. We participate in programs and management strategies that will ensure this legacy. Our timberlands are certified under the SFI trademark as sustainable forests. From a practice of sustained yield forestry, to the protection of indigenous wildlife, to participation in a cooperative project to develop genetically superior seeds, we are committed to the protective and sustaining stewardship of our lands.
Fruit Grower Supply forests grow more volume than is cut each year. We harvest an average of 60 to 70 million board feet of timber annually in California, Oregon, and Washington. Approximately 10,000 acres per year are treated for either reforestation or to improve the growth of young forests. We offer Conifer products including Douglas Fir, White Fir, Red Fir, Noble Fir, Ponderosa Pine, Sugar Pine, Incense Cedar, Western Red Cedar, Western Hemlock. And we offer Hardwood products including Red Alder and Big Leaf Maple.
OUR SUSTAINABLE FORESTRY POLICY
- Our commitment to sustainability is all-inclusive and integrates the management, harvesting, and reforestation of our timberlands with responsible conservation of soil, air, water, wildlife, and aesthetic qualities.
- We harvest over the long term, and at sustainable rates.
- We promptly reforest after harvesting; usually immediately, but always within 2 years after harvest.
- We utilize state-of-the-art silvicultural and best management practices to ensure the maximum sustained production of our forest resource, simultaneously protecting the environment.
- We protect soil productivity and stability using equipment and best management practices that minimize disturbance and erosion.
- We preserve our forest lands’ unique biological, geological and historical qualities and sites.
- We continuously work to protect water quality through erosion prevention and riparian protection zones.
- We deliver a diversity of habitats for wildlife, and we contribute to the conservation of biological diversity across the landscapes where we have ownership.
- We maintain healthy forests and minimize losses caused by fire, insects, and disease.
- We believe in protecting threatened and endangered species and work with government agencies to aid in their conservation.
- We strongly consider aesthetic values in our management and harvest activities and adopt practices accordingly.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
Except where posted otherwise, our timberlands are open to the general public for recreational hunting and fishing. Written permission is not required. Vehicular traffic is prohibited on gated roads. Camping and campfires are prohibited on our lands. Hunting is not allowed in areas with active timber operations.
728 E. Pioneer Avenue
Montesano WA 98563-4704
1216 Fruit Growers Rd.
Hilt CA 96044-9710
37073 A Highway 299 E.
Burney Ca 96013-9999