Our Timber Products
At Fruit Growers Supply, we offer Conifer products including Douglas Fir, White Fir, Red Fir, Noble Fir, Ponderosa Pine, Sugar Pine, Incense Cedar, Western Red Cedar, Sitka Spruce, and Western Hemlock. We also offer Hardwood products including Red Alder and Big Leaf Maple.
We harvest an average of 30 to 40 million board feet of timber annually in Oregon, California, and Washington, yet we grow more volume than is cut each year. Through our sustainable forestry initiative, approximately 3,000 acres per year are treated for either reforestation or to improve the growth of young forests.
We're proud of our commitment around sustained yield forestry, wildlife and natural resources protection, the development of genetically superior seeds, and an annual planting program that includes about 3,000 acres and 1,200,000 seedlings.
We manage our forests for the sustainable production of wood products while ensuring abundant and healthy forests for future generations, and we have been doing this since 1907. We are committed to the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) 2015-2019 Standard.
Shared across all of our divisions, we implement the following sustainability practices:
- Our commitment to sustainability is all-inclusive and integrates the management, harvesting, and reforestation of our timberlands with responsible conservation of soil, air, water, wildlife, and aesthetic qualities.
- We harvest over the long term, and at sustainable rates.
- We promptly reforest after harvesting; usually immediately, but always within 2 years after harvest.
- We utilize state-of-the-art silvicultural and best management practices to ensure the maximum sustained production of our forest resource, simultaneously protecting the environment.
- We protect soil productivity and stability using equipment and best management practices that minimize disturbance and erosion.
- We preserve our forest lands’ unique biological, geological and historical qualities and sites.
- We continuously work to protect water quality through erosion prevention and riparian protection zones.
- We deliver a diversity of habitats for wildlife, and we contribute to the conservation of biological diversity across the landscapes where we have ownership.
- We maintain healthy forests and minimize losses caused by fire, insects, and disease.
- We believe in protecting threatened and endangered species and work with government agencies to aid in their conservation.
- We strongly consider aesthetic values in our management and harvest activities and adopt practices accordingly.
- We recognize and respect Indigenous Peoples rights and traditional knowledge.
Notice to The Public
Except where posted otherwise, our timberlands are open to the general public for recreational hunting and fishing. Vehicular traffic is prohibited on gated roads. Camping and campfires are prohibited on our lands. Hunting is not allowed in areas with active timber operations.
Order Timber Products Today
Since 1907, Fruit Growers Supply has been providing the highest quality products to the agriculture and industrial industries, from custom pallets and corrugated packaging to premium timber harvested through our sustainable forestry initiative, with world-class customer service to match.
If you’re interested in purchasing any of our timber products fill out the contact form below to get in touch with our forestry trader team today.